How do I insert page numbers in OpenOffice writer?
OpenOffice.org uses a feature called fields to manage page numbers. To insert a page number field, position the cursor where you want to insert the number and choose Insert > Fields > Page Number. The page number appears with a gray background. The gray background denotes a field.
How to start page numbering on page 2 In OpenOffice?
- Place the cursor in the first paragraph of the new page.
- Choose Insert > Manual break.
- Page break is the default selected on the Insert Break dialog box.
- Choose the required page in the Style drop-down list.
- Check Change page number.
- Specify the page number to start from and then click OK.
How do you write a cover page for a writer?
Choose Insert > Footer > Default from the menu bar. (Or Insert > Header > Default, depending on where you want your page number to appear). To insert the page number, Choose Insert > Fields > Page Numbers. A number ‘1’ should appear on the second page of the file.
How do you make a first page cover page?
Insert a cover page
- On the Insert tab, click Cover Page.
- Click a cover page layout from the gallery of options. After you insert a cover page, you can replace the sample text with your own text by clicking to select an area of the cover page, such as the title, and typing your text.
How do I make a Cover page 1?
Start page numbering later in your document
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer > Edit Header or Edit Footer.
- Select Different First Page.
- In the header or footer area, you should see a label on the first page that says First Page Header.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.
How do I make my first page a cover page?
How do I create a page in Word?
Design and edit in Word
- Select Design > Themes.
- Point to a theme to preview how it will look.
- Select the theme you want.
How do you make a 2 page 1 page on word?
Tip: If you want your second page to start at 1 rather than 2, go to Insert > Page Number > Format Page Numbers, and set Start at under Page Numbering to 0, rather than 1.