How do you pronounce Gerard?
- Phonetic spelling of Gerard. ger-ard. juh-rahrd.
- Meanings for Gerard. spear brave, hardy.
- Synonyms for Gerard. brave spearman.
- Examples of in a sentence. Gerard Way was the lead singer for American rock band, My Chemical Romance from 2001 to their split in 2013.
- Translations of Gerard. Arabic : جيرارد
How do British people pronounce Gerard?
Once back home on British soil he loves to be called by his proper name Gerard again because here everybody calls him exactly as it’s pronounced anywhere in the UK …… GERR-udd (always this way in Scotland) or often, but not always, in England: “GERR-ahd” – emphasis always on the first syllable in Britain..
How do you spell Gerard?
|Pronunciation||UK: /ˈdʒɛrɑːrd/, US: /dʒəˈrɑːrd/ French: [ʒeʁaʁ] Old French: [dʒerɑrd]|
How do you pronounce Gerard Ireland?
- MEANING: Means “”brave with a spear”” or “”spear carrier.”” The name is associated with Gearoid Fitzgerald, the 3rd Earl of Desmond (1338-98) and leader of the most powerful Norman family in late medieval Ireland.
- GENDER: Boy | Male.
- PRONUNCIATION: “gar + roid”
- ENGLISH: Gerard.
What is the meaning of Gerard?
English (chiefly Lancashire) and French (Gérard): from the personal name Gerard, Gérard, introduced to Britain from France by the Normans; it is composed of the Germanic elements gar, ger ‘spear’, ‘lance’ + hard ‘hardy’, ‘brave’, ‘strong’.
What is the nickname for Gerard?
Common Nicknames for Gerald: Gerry. Jerry.
Is Gerard a popular name?
Gerard is currently in style limbo, after reaching peak popularity in the 1950s. With its strong meaning and gentle sound, it may be back in a generation or two. But for now, a boy called Gerard will likely be the only one in his class… unless you live in Catalonia, where it was recently in the Top 10.
Is Gerard an English name?
What does the name Gerard mean?
What is Gerard French for?
Meaning. strong and brave spear-wearer. Region of origin. Common in French-speaking countries.
Is Gerard a good name?