What is the PO file format?
A PO file is a text-based object file used in software development. It may be referenced by Java programs, GNU gettext, or other software programs as a properties file. Most often, PO files contain user interface text translations that are referenced by GNU gettext.
What is .PO file in Python?
Developers give translators a .pot template file, they rename it to xx_XX.po and translate the strings. Then you as developer only have to “compile” them to .mo files using GNU’s gettext tools (or its Python implementation, pygettext )
How do you save a .po file?
How do I save a PO as a PDF?
- Open Connect Accounts Payable > Reports > Purchase Orders.
- Select a report title.
- Set up the report options as usual.
- Click Preview (CTRL+Q).
- Use the toolbar at the bottom of the Preview screen to click Save.
- Use the field titled File Name to enter the PDF file name.
- Set up the form options.
How do I make a .P file?
Generating a PO file for a theme
- Go to WPML → Theme and plugins localization.
- Select the theme you want.
- At the bottom of the page, click Scan selected themes for strings.
- When scanning is done close the pop-up dialog.
- Go to WPML → String translation.
- In the Export strings into . po/.
How do I use PO files in WordPress?
1.1. POT file is put at your disposal by the plugin or theme developer and it’s used as a starting point to create new translations. WordPress doesn’t use it. The . POT file can be found in the theme languages folder and in the plugin languages folder.
How do I use gettext in Python?
py file’s source code again to import the gettext module and set up the language setting.
- Step 1: Add the _() Function.
- Step 2: Extract the Strings Using pygettext.py.
- Step 3: Translate the Strings using Poedit.
- Step 4: Add gettext Code to Your Program.
How do I create a translation file?
To create a translation file for a locale or language, complete the following actions.
- Extract the source language file.
- Make a copy of the source language file to create a translation file for each language.
- Rename the translation file to add the locale.
- Create a new directory at your project root named locale.
What is gettext package?
GNU gettext is an important step for the GNU Translation Project, as it is an asset on which we may build many other steps. This package offers to programmers, translators, and even users, a well integrated set of tools and documentation.
How do I create a mo file from a PO file?
To Generate an MO File From the Created PO File
- Open a terminal window (if necessary).
- Go to the directory where a PO file is stored, /export/am_mo_gen in this procedure. # cd /export/am_mo_gen.
- Generate the MO file by using the msgfmt tool. # msgfmt -g -o example.mo example.po.
What is GNU gettext toolset?
The GNU gettext toolset helps programmers and translators at producing, updating and using translation files, mainly those PO files which are textual, editable files. This chapter explains the format of PO files.
How do I input a PO file in Linux?
Input PO file. Add directory to the list of directories. Source files are searched relative to this list of directories. The resulting .po file will be written relative to the current directory, though. If no inputfile is given or if it is ‘ – ’, standard input is read.
What is a PO file format?
This chapter explains the format of PO files. A PO file is made up of many entries, each entry holding the relation between an original untranslated string and its corresponding translation. All entries in a given PO file usually pertain to a single project, and all translations are expressed in a single target language.
How do I get my PO files translated?
Your po/ directory should receive all PO files submitted to you by the translator teams, each having ll.po as a name. This is not usually easy to get translation work done before your package gets internationalized and available!