Are there different grades of travertine?
There are three grades of travertine: premium, standard, and commercial. Premium grade, which is sometimes called first grade, is a tile that has been perfectly cut and has a uniform thickness throughout with very little filler.
How can you tell if travertine is good?
What criteria indicates good quality travertine tile?
- All four corners of the tile should be cut at 90 degrees.
- The color of the stone should not be marred my rust colored markings on either side.
- There should be no pores in the filling of the stone.
Are there different grades of pavers?
It’s just the nature of the stone. Both types of pavers will make a lovely addition to your newly revamped outdoor space, however depending on your circumstances, one grade of paver may be more appropriate than the other.
How do you pick travertine?
Besides the obvious difference in price, there are a few important factors that you should know about:
- Holes. All Travertine has holes and pores.
- Density. Due to its large amount of holes, Standard Grade Travertine is much less dense than Premium Select Travertine.
- Freeze/ Thaw Climates.
How do I choose travertine?
How to decide on the perfect travertine paver
- Decide on tumbled vs. honed pavers. What is the overall look of your house?
- Choose a pattern. There are endless patterns to choose from when installing travertine pavers.
- Decide on a color. Every travertine paver blend has a natural aesthetic quality.
What is the lightest travertine?
Super Light Ivory Travertine
Our PREMIUM SELECT French Pattern Tumbled Super Light Ivory Travertine Pavers are the lightest color we offer. Best described as Off-White, Beige or Tan in color. Although some variation in color is to be expected, it is overall very consistent throughout.
What is the difference between travertine tile and pavers?
One of the biggest differences between travertine tile and travertine pavers is the thickness of the material. Travertine tiles are typically about 1/2″ thick, while pavers are much thicker, ranging from 1 1/4 – 2″ inches in thickness. The pavers are set right into the ground with a border of natural groundcover.
Does travertine need to be sealed?
Travertine is known as a durable and rugged natural stone, but even the toughest materials need some TLC. Take good care of your outdoor travertine tile by sealing it every one to two years to keep it protected from damage and looking fresh.
How thick is travertine tile?
What is a honed travertine tile?
Travertine tiles are stylish.
How are travertine tiles made?
– # 1: The first pro to travertine tiles is the cost. It is about twice the price of other comparable natural stones like marble and yet has very similar durability. – # 2: The second pro is appearance. – # 3: The third pro is durability. – # 4: The fourth pro is the ease in which travertine tiles are cut and shaped.
What are travertine tiles?
Travertine tile is a natural stone tile with beautiful variations. Sourced from quarries around the world, travertine tiles bring a touch of nature to your home. With a wide range of styles and colors to choose from, you can easily find the perfect match for your interior and exterior flooring needs.