Does your abstract count as a page?
An abstract page should include the page header. Your abstract should be a single paragraph double-spaced. Your abstract should be between 150 and 250 words.
How do you reference MMU?
Reference elements Author’s surname/s, Initial/s. (Year of publication) Title of paper (in italics). Organisation name discussion paper number. Place of publication: Publisher.
Does an abstract have to be 150 words?
1) An abstract should be typed as a single paragraph in a block format This means no paragraph indentation! 2) A typical abstract should only be about 6 sentences long or 150 words or less. There should be a double space between the title and the abstract.
How do you add word count to your essay?
Word can insert the word count into your document and update that information as often as you want.
- Select in your document where you want the word count to appear.
- Go to Insert > Quick Parts > Field.
- In the Field names list, select NumWords, and then select OK.
How do you not include citations in word count?
How do I exclude the in-text citations from my word count? Dec 17, /b>
- Create a copy of your paper, so you are not working with your document.
- In the ‘Home’ tab in Word, choose the ‘Replace’ button.
- In ‘Find what’ type the characters \(*\)
- Click ‘Use Wildcards’
- Click ‘Replace All’
Can I use first person in an abstract?
In general, it is acceptable in to use the first person point of view in abstracts, introductions, discussions, and conclusions, in some journals. You want to avoid using the first person point of view throughout, but there are no other researchers on the project so the pronoun “we” would not be appropriate.
How do you put a word count at the end of a paper?
Insert the word count in your document
- Click in your document where you want the word count to appear.
- Click Insert > Quick Parts > Field.
- In the Field nameslist, click NumWords, and then click OK.
- To update the word count, right-click the number, and then choose Update Field.
Does in-text citation count in word count?
The word count DOES NOT include the bibliography or citations/references in the text (Harvard Style referencing) or in footnotes or endnotes (Chicago Style referencing). ANY OTHER INFORMATION INCLUDED IN A FOOTNOTE OR ENDNOTE OTHER THAN A REFERENCE OR CITATION WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE WORD COUNT.