How do I aggregate data in Spotfire?
- Click the arrow next to the column name in the column selector. A popover listing all columns in the data table opens.
- Click the blue arrow. A list of available aggregations opens.
- Select the aggregation to display on the axis.
- Click anywhere outside the popover to close it.
How do you create a cross table in Spotfire?
- On the authoring bar, click Visualization types to open the flyout.
- Drag the Cross table visualization type to the wanted position on the analysis page.
- On the Vertical axis, select one or more columns containing the categories that you want to use for organizing the rows in the cross table.
What are relations in Spotfire data tables?
Relations facilitate integrated filtering and marking across tables. In other words, if a user filters down to specific wells in a table, the filtering also occurs in any related tables. This is a very handy feature to have.
How do you intersect in SpotFire?
The Intersect Keyword
- Adds up all gas production = Sum([Gas Prod])
- Sums gas production for each well = Sum([Gas Prod]) over [Well Name]
- Sums gas production for the previous date = Sum([Gas Prod]) over Previous([Production Date])
How do you do a cumulative sum in SpotFire?
Assuming your data set is in the order you want it to be in when you bring it into SpotFire, do the following:
- Insert a calculated column RowID() and name it RowID.
- Use this calculation: Sum([amount]) over (Intersect([Date],AllPrevious([RowID])))
How do I know if my Spotfire training is working?
Taking a unique count of the SESSION_IDs will tell you how many times a user has opened Spotfire. This can help you understand if training is working because users should be more active in the application after training. You can take it one step further by calculating the session duration as I have shown below.
How to use more than one measure in a cross table?
Any time you want to use more than one measure, you must add (Column Names) to the Z-Axis of the cross table. Adding Months allows slicing and dicing by the values in the Months column. Note that Axis.Columns is wrapped in square brackets like column names.
How can I see how many times a user has opened Spotfire?
In the ACTIONLOG, there will be multiple records for a given SESSION_ID. There is one record for each logged action in a SESSION_ID, and the LOGGED_TIME provides a date and timestamp for when the action occurred. Taking a unique count of the SESSION_IDs will tell you how many times a user has opened Spotfire.
What is a session ID in Spotfire?
The SESSION_ID is a unique identifier assigned every time a user opens Spotfire. In the ACTIONLOG, there will be multiple records for a given SESSION_ID. There is one record for each logged action in a SESSION_ID, and the LOGGED_TIME provides a date and timestamp for when the action occurred.