How do I set up Microsoft Word 2010?
Start an Office 2010 application such as Word 2010. On the File menu, click Options, and then select Add-ins. Click Go next to the Manage field that displays “Com-in Add.” Check whether there are any add-ins, and then clear the check box to disable them.
How do you add lines to a Word document?
- Put your cursor in the document where you want to insert the horizontal line.
- Go to Format | Borders And Shading.
- On the Borders tab, click the Horizontal Line button.
- Scroll through the options and select the desired line.
- Click OK.
Which option is supported by Microsoft Word?
Compatibility options for The settings in the list of Layout options change according to the word-processing program that you select. To specify your own configuration of settings, select Custom. Layout options Lists options for laying out the document. Select the check boxes for the options you want.
How do I view properties in Word?
- Click the File tab.
- Click Info.
- Click the View and edit database properties link at the top of the page.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the tabs to select the properties that you want to view or update.
- Click OK.
- Click the File tab again to return to your file.
How do I do a soft return in Word?
- Do a Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace window.
- Click on More button to bring up more Search Options.
- Place the cursor in the Find what box, and select Manual Line Break from the Special drop-down list. Look at the image below.
How do I find line breaks in Word?
Press Ctrl+F. Word displays the Navigation task pane at the left side of the screen. In the box at the top of the Navigation pane, enter the text for which you want to search. To search for a paragraph mark, enter ^p; to search for a line break, enter ^l.
How do I create options in Word?
Insert a combo box or a drop-down list
- Go to Developer > Combo Box Content Control or Drop-Down List Content Control .
- Select the content control, and then select Properties.
- To create a list of choices, select Add under Drop-Down List Properties.
- Type a choice in Display Name, such as Yes, No, or Maybe.
What is the new line command in Word?
Move the text cursor to where you want the new line to begin, press the Enter key, hold down the Shift key, and then press Enter again. You can continue to press Shift + Enter to move to each new line, and when ready to move to the next paragraph, press Enter .
What is the symbol for Page Break in Word?
Go to Insert > Pages > Page Break. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+Enter to quickly add a page break.