How do you get a 40 in IB?
To get a 40+ most of your subjects would need to be 6s or 7s (as someone pointed out, for most subjects the average is between 4 and 5). The way the grade boundaries are decided make getting higher grades harder.
Is 33 IB points good?
If you’re lucky and have a respectable set of impressive extracurricular, you may get an offer from a decent university. 32-33: Now we’re entering the zone of IB results, which I would start to call good. Both 32 and 33 are above average.
Are A levels easier than IB?
The IB is considerably harder than A-levels. In the IB, students must study six subjects plus extras whereas with A-levels students study three subjects. With so much workload, it is no surprise that many students taking the IB end up with relatively low grades (24-30 points).
What are the requirements to get an IB diploma?
IB Diploma Programme Requirements
- Enroll in six IB subjects over 2 years.
- Take IB examinations in each of the six subject areas (each student is responsible for paying the cost of all exams).
- Write an original essay (called the Extended Essay) of approximately 4000 words.
- Take the Theory of Knowledge class for two years.
How do I get a perfect IB score?
5 Scientific Facts that Can Boost Your IB Score
- Distractions Kill Success. I used to listen to the Fresh Prince theme song on a loop while I studied for the IB.
- Position is Primary. Mix up your studying!
- MAXIMIZE practice-testing: Wow, there are so many ways to study!
- Don’t work into the night! We’ve all been there.
- Stop Cramming.
Is the IB worth it?
IB is not worth it. But really MYP is basically IB for 6th-9th graders. Plus it is more preparing and effective as doing middle years AND IB since there is a consistency of rigorous course work. So in all IB is actually harder than in AP, as some of my students have also admitted.
How many points do you need to get an IB diploma?