How do you get youth to participate?
- Youth participation is important and has benefits for the young people themselves, the youth group and community as a whole.
- Accept young people’s ideas.
- Support young people.
- Use everyday situations.
- Try out activities.
- Give young people a voice.
- Plan both short and long term projects.
Should students be required to do community service?
Requiring community service allows schools to help students become more educated in how they can help others and the impact they can have. Having students volunteer gives them a better understanding of how many people need help in their own communities. Volunteering also improves leadership skills.
What can we do to make our city safer?
7 Proven Principles for Designing a Safer City: A Visual Look
- Avoid urban sprawl.
- Slow down road traffic.
- Ensure main streets are safe for everyone, not just cars.
- Create dedicated space for pedestrians.
- Provide a safe, connected network for cyclists.
- Ensure safe access to high-quality public transport.
- Use data to detect problem areas.
How can cities improve quality of life?
Improving the Urban Quality of Life
- 1) Improving public safety.
- 2) Making daily commutes faster.
- 3) Better public health.
- 4) Cleaner and more sustainable environments.
- 5) Enhance social connectedness.
Why do we need to engage in every activities of our community?
Community engagement increases the visibility and understanding of issues and empowers communities to have their say over decisions that affect their lives, their towns, cities and . Community engagement, then, builds deeper, stronger and more trusting relationships between public and communities.
How can students make a difference in their community?
Given below are a few simple but powerful activities you can easily integrate into your student life and make a difference in the society:
- Start with something small.
- Help your local charity raise funds.
- Encourage education.
- Join with an adult/experienced activist.