How do you use launch in a sentence?
Launched sentence example
- Dusty caught her arm as she launched forward.
- She leaned forward and launched a new subject.
- Xander launched forward, trying to shake free the hands that wrestled him away.
- You can have the first— Jenn didn’t wait for him to finish but launched a kick straight for his head.
What is an example of launch?
An example of launch is when you push a boat into the water so it can go forward. An example of launch is when you start a new line of jewelry. An example of launch is when you send a football flying through the air.
What does it mean to launch someone?
2. intransitive/transitive to start a major activity such as a military attack, a public investigation, or a new career or project. The police confirmed that an inquiry has been launched into the incident. launch someone on something: the man who launched him on a career in the music business.
What does go for launch mean?
3 verb To launch a large and important activity, for example a military attack, means to start it.
What is a good sentence for the word initiative?
“He has great initiative when it comes to getting things done.” Used with verbs: “Our group will undertake a new initiative.” “We have been involved in this initiative for a long time.”
Will be launched Meaning?
to begin something such as a plan or introduce something new such as a product: The programme was launched a year ago. The airline will launch its new transatlantic service next month. A devastating attack was launched on the rebel stronghold.
How do you use cosmonaut in a sentence?
1 The cosmonauts photographed the rise of the sun in space. 2 A letter signed by former cosmonauts and rocket scientists and 16,000 Muscovites has been handed to Putin. 3 On other flights, Soviet cosmonauts could work only about four hours a day. 4 Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin was the first man to orbit the Earth.
What type of word is launched?
launch verb (BEGIN) to begin something such as a plan or introduce something new such as a product: The programme was launched a year ago.
What is a launch?
The definition of a launch is an event at which something, such as a book or product, is presented to the public for the first time and is also the act of creating, presenting or promoting a new product.
What is the difference between launch and move?
launch- launch for the first time; launch on a maiden voyage; “launch a ship” move, displace- cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense; “Move those boxes into the corner, please”; “I’m moving my money to another bank”; “The director moved more responsibilities onto his new assistant” 6.
What is the difference between plunge and launch?
plunge- dash violently or with great speed or impetuosity; “She plunged at it eagerly” 5. launch- get going; give impetus to; “launch a career”; “Her actions set in motion a complicated judicial process” set in motion launch- launch for the first time; launch on a maiden voyage; “launch a ship”
What does it mean to launch a new ship?
1. (Nautical Terms) to move (a vessel) into the water. 2. (Nautical Terms) to move (a newly built vessel) into the water for the first time. 3. (tr) a. to start off or set in motion: to launch a scheme. b. to put (a new product) on the market.