What are the applications of WAN?
The most basic uses of WANs are for electronic mail and file transfer, but WANs can also permit users at remote sites to access and enter data on a central site’s database, such as instantaneously updating accounting records.
What are the application of WLAN?
Uses of Wlan
- Healthcare. Doctors and nurses equipped with laptops or PDAs have faster access to patient data.
- Conducting everyday business.
- Network managers in older buildings.
- Network managers in dynamic environments.
What are the examples of wide area network?
WAN-Wide Area Network Example
- The Internet is a WAN.
- A network of bank cash dispensers is a WAN.
- A school network is usually a LAN.
- LANs are often connected to WANs, for example a school network could be connected to the Internet.
- WANs can be connected together using the Internet, leased lines or satellite links.
What are the different applications of WAN and MAN?
Difference Between LAN, MAN, and WAN
|Comparison||1. Full form|
|LAN||It used in places like colleges, offices, or hospitals.|
|MAN||It used in Small towns and in a particular city.|
|WAN||It used by a large number of people across the city, country and even Continent.|
What are the applications of wireless network explain any five?
Applications of wireless communication involve security systems, television remote control, Wi-Fi, Cell phones, wireless power transfer, computer interface devices, and various wireless communication-based projects.
Where is San used?
SANs are primarily used to access data storage devices, such as disk arrays and tape libraries from servers so that the devices appear to the operating system as direct-attached storage. A SAN typically is a dedicated network of storage devices not accessible through the local area network (LAN).
What are the advantages and disadvantages of WAN?
While WANS provides numerous advantages, they have their share of disadvantages. As with any technology, you need to be aware of these downsides to make an informed decision about WANS. The three most critical downsides are high setup costs, security concerns, and maintenance issues.
What is the difference between metropolitan area network and wide area network?
A MAN (metropolitan area network) is a larger network that usually spans several buildings in the same city or town. A WAN (wide area network), in comparison to a MAN, is not restricted to a geographical location, although it might be confined within the bounds of a state or country.
What are the features of wide area network?
The distinguishing features of WAN are
- WANs have a large capacity, connecting a large number of computers over a large area, and are inherently scalable.
- They facilitate the sharing of regional resources.
- They provide uplinks for connecting LANs and MANs to the Internet.
What is wireless technology and its application?
Wireless technology provides the ability to communicate between two or more entities over distances without the use of wires or cables of any sort. This includes communications using radio frequency (RF) as well as infrared (IR) waves .