What are the health issues in the Philippines nowadays?
Many Filipinos continue to die or suffer from illnesses that have well-proven, cost-effective i nterventi ons, such tuberculosis, HIV and dengue, or diseases affecting mothers and children. Many people l ack sufficient knowledge to make informed decisions about their own health.
What are 3 characteristics of a health literate person?
Health literacy is the use of a wide range of skills that improve the ability of people to act on information in order to live healthier lives. These skills include reading, writing, listening, speaking, numeracy, and critical analysis, as well as communication and interaction skills.”
What are some health and wellness topics?
- Communication & Assertiveness.
- Eating Concerns & Body Image.
- Stress & Resilience.
What’s trending in health and wellness?
The 2020 Global Wellness Trends
- Focus Shifts from Sleep to True Circadian Health.
- Aging Rebranded: Positively Cool.
- J Wellness.
- Mental Wellness and Technology: Rethinking the Relationship.
- Energy Medicine Gets Serious.
- Organized Religion Jumps Into Wellness.
- The Wellness Sabbatical.
- The Fertility Boom.
How can I make my health talk?
- Timing: Keep it to 20 minutes.
- When choosing content, focus on what people must know.
- Remember: your hearers are only going to remember 3–4 of the facts you tell them. Make sure these are the important ones!
- When presenting the content, avoid jargon and complicated words.
What are some common health issues problems in the United States?
Excess Body Weight: A Major Health Issue in America
- Heart disease.
- Type 2 diabetes.
- High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol levels.
- Gallbladder disease.
- Sleep apnea and breathing problems.
What are the six dimensions of health and wellness?
The National Wellness Institute promotes Six Dimensions of Wellness: emotional, occupational, physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual.
What makes a good health care system?
It’s also important to consider whether the system is delivering what people need: coverage of a broad range of services, especially those that are important for the sickest among us, timely access to affordable, high quality care, and innovation that ensures care gets better over time.
What are the two main objectives of a health care delivery system?
An acceptable health care delivery sys- tem should have two primary objectives: (1) it must enable all citizens to access health care services, and (2) the services must be cost-effective and meet certain established standards of quality. In many ways, the US health care delivery system falls short of these ideals.
What are the health issues that concern the world today?
- Physical Activity and Nutrition.
- Overweight and Obesity.
- Substance Abuse.
- Mental Health.
- Injury and Violence.
- Environmental Quality.
What are the 7 dimensions of health?
The 7 dimensions of wellness are: social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, intellectual, and physical wellbeing.