What is an alternative in decision making?
Alternatives should reflect substantially different approaches to the problem or different priorities across objectives, and should present decision makers with real options and choices. But often these recommendations encompass value judgments that are better made by decision makers.
How do you answer Tell me about a time you took a risk?
How to Answer: Tell Me About the Biggest Risk You Have Taken
- Keep It Light. This can be a perfect opportunity to show some of your personality to your potential employer.
- Calculated Risk. Employers might also ask this question to see how well you think through choices before you come to a final decision.
- It Does Not Have To Be Work-Related.
- Share Risks That Have Only Affected You.
What is the difference between tactical and strategic decisions?
the strategic: Strategy defines your long-term goals and how you’re planning to achieve them. In other words, your strategy gives you the path you need toward achieving your organization’s mission. Tactics are much more concrete and are often oriented toward smaller steps and a shorter time frame along the way.
Who are strategic decision makers?
Strategic decision makers — who include chief executive officers, chief financial officers, controllers, presidents, vice presidents and directors — in any organization, including small businesses, have several responsibilities that others in the organization do not share.
What are the main characteristics of decision making?
Characteristics of Decision Making
- Mental and Intellectual Process.
- It is a Process.
- It is an Indicator of Commitment.
- It is a Best Selected Alternative.
- Decision-Making Might be Positive or Negative.
- It is the Last Process.
- Decision Making is a Pervasive Function.
- Continuous and Dynamic Process.
How do you support a decision you don’t agree with?
It’s a tough task, so here are nine steps to communicating business decisions you don’t agree with.
- Prepare yourself.
- Maintain respect.
- Be specific.
- Don’t send mixed messages.
- Put yourself in your team’s shoes.
- Remember your remote employees.
- Allow for venting, not debate.
- Set clear expectations.
What would you do if management made a decision you didn’t agree with?
If my management made a decision that I don’t agree with, I would first try to understand the decision, its implication and find out the rationale behind the decision. May be perhaps that I don’t have the complete picture of why that decision was taken, or perhaps I am not able to get the rationale behind the decision.
How do you deliver an unpopular decision?
I have six ideas to help you prepare for and deliver these potentially unpopular or negative messages.
- Don’t wait. Once the decision has been made, share it with others; even if it is unpleasant news.
- See their position.
- Be clear.
- Acknowledge resistance.
- Make it a true conversation.
- Talk about the future.
What are boundaries in decision making?
A boundary prevents or controls you from exceeding or going beyond a prescribed area or thought. A boundary is a delineation of whether you are in or outside of a given perimeter or consensus. Physical boundaries can curtail free or easy movement between peoples or places.
What are the characteristics of information typically required for strategic decision making?
Further details of these characteristics related to organisational information for decision-making follows.
- Availability/accessibility. Information should be easy to obtain or access.
- Reliability or objectivity.
- Level of detail/conciseness.
What is a good decision making process?
When making good decisions it is best to gather necessary information that is directly related to the problem. Doing this will help you to better understand what needs to be done in solving the problem, and will also help to generate ideas for a possible solution.
What are the elements of decision making?
According to Peter Drucker these are the 5 elements of an effective decision making process.
- The Problem Rationalization.
- The Boundary Conditions.
- The Right Thing to Do.
What do you think is the reason why manager insist on disagreement before decision making?
Disagreement provides alternatives and makes you think more deeply about the issue. In fact, if you don’t have disagreement, you’re not ready to make a decision. In The Essential Drucker, Peter Drucker writes about encouraging disagreement rather than consensus to helps make more effective decisions.
What is the most difficult situation you have ever faced in your life?
EXAMPLE: 1 I take every new task or responsibility of my job as a challenge and then try to give my best to come up with the most-right solution to each situation. Talking about the most challenging of all, it was when I was a sales executive during my previous job. I sold a product to a client, which I usually did.
What boundaries do you implement in your life?
What kinds of boundaries are there?
- Physical. These boundaries include personal space and physical touch.
- Emotional. These boundaries refer to our feelings, including our expressiveness of them.
- Intellectual. These boundaries are slightly less obvious, yet likely happen more often than we think.