What is the best app for New York City subway?
6 best apps for navigating NYC transit
- Citymapper. (free; iPhone, Android)
- Transit. (free; iPhone, Android)
- Google Maps. (free; iPhone, Android)
- Exit Strategy. ($3.99, iPhone)
- Rampd. (free; iPhone, Android)
- Moovit. (free; iPhone, Android)
How do I pay for subway on my iPhone?
How to add a transit card on your iPhone
- On your iPhone, open the Wallet app.
- Tap the Add button .
- Tap Transit Card to add a new transit card or tap Previous Card to add a transit card you previously added to the Wallet app.
- Choose a transit card from the list, or search by location or card name.
- Tap Continue.
Can you use Apple pay for NYC subway?
You can now use your iPhone or Apple Watch to pay for a ticket to ride in New York, with the contactless payments capability added to all subway stations and on all buses in Manhattan. Just tap your Apple or Android device against the reader and you’re good to enter.
What is OMNY app?
OMNY is a contactless payment system and will accept payment from any NFC-enabled contactless card. Since OMNY does not know which card is your preferred payment method, the system will charge your fare to the first card that it reads. I have multiple cards in my digital wallet.
Does NYC Subway Take Apple Pay?
How do I use my NYC subway on my iPhone?
How do I get OMNY on my iPhone?
What is the best subway app for NYC?
“ Moovit is a great app and it’s the easiest to use since it offers several alternate routes, offers info—in real-time—and clearly notes train departure times by posting ETAs.” — Allison Green, an Eastern Europe-based travel blogger at Eternal Arrival who lived in New York for nine years “I use CityMapper for up-to-the-minute subway directions.
What is the best NYC subway route?
– more expensive than riding the subway – routes are only one-direction – wait times can be long in high season due to traffic – buses can be crowded – bad weather is always a risk
Which NYC subway line is in most need of repair?
Which line is in most need of repair? I’d suggest the F line, which runs from Coney Island in Brooklyn, across Brooklyn, into Manhattan, up to Central Park, and then across into Queens. It’s the biggest workhorse line in the entire system (and the sec
Is NYC subway safe after midnight?
Yes. No need to worry as long as you keep your “city smarts” on. 3. Re: Is it safe to travel after midnight in subway from NYC The subway itself should be safe. Where in Brooklyn and what day of the week?